Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Our reasons for choosing our target audience

In 2014, 15-24 year olds made up the  largest proportion of the UK cinema audience, at 31%. From this piece of data we found it would be more effective to have our target audience aged between 15-24, as this is the key age that people are going to the cinema. It is also supported by this graph:    






















Furthermore, we wanted to aim the opening at both males and females as we found out that 36% males watch horror films compared to the 44% of females. As the percentages were close we wanted to aim the opening at both genders, to widen the target audience.

Also, I researched about the recently released film 'Don't Breathe' I went onto FilmCrave.com and looked at the quick movies reviews. The two reviews I read had similar views on the film. One man thought it was 'pointless, ignorant, awful movie I've seen' he went on to speak about how the narrative was unrealistic, and that the actors really didn't make the film scary. The other critic thought the concept was there 'but the characters were all too dumb to root for'.
After looking at these film reviews I understand that the narrative plays a massive part in what the target audience are interested in, they are also concerned with the characters having a background story.



















No comments:

Post a Comment